If you’ve got the budget, your kitchen remodeling project can create a truly luxurious environment. Options range from small add-ins to upgrades that require full kitchen remodels.
- New high-end refrigerators can have TV screens or LED pads used to leave messages for family members or record the contents of the fridge. You can also get counter-depth fridges with custom paneling to match cabinets.
- For wine lovers, there’s a wine vault, complete with temperature controls, a combination lock, space for over 1,000 bottles, and a touch screen to record inventory. Smaller vaults can fit into a butler’s pantry.
- Some new high-end ovens can cook food 15 times faster than regular ovens, while others can be operated over the Internet.
- Kitchens can often be retrofitted to have the proper electricity and safety features required for large professional-quality ranges. Ranges also now come in a variety of eye-popping colors.
- If you don’t like the look of a microwave oven, you can install a microwave drawer, which provides the same features while hiding the gadget.
- Dishwasher drawers provide the same functions as regular dishwashers, but can hold smaller loads. If you install two smaller dishwasher drawers, one can wash dishes while you add dirty dishes to the other. You almost never need to hand wash dishes.
- Countertop materials are more and more avant-garde and include wood, concrete, copper, quartzite, and recycled conglomerates. Pyrolave is a high-end enameled lava that can run about $220 to $350 a square foot.
- Bamboo is tough and durable and a quick-growing sustainable material. It’s a great choice for cabinets if you don’t mind spending about 40% more.
- Kitchen sinks can be hand-hammered copper, soapstone, limestone, or even granite. High-end sinks can be custom made to virtually any size or shape.
- Glass tiles are not just accent pieces. A variety of effects can be achieved with different finishes and levels of transparency. Dichroic and fused art glass tiles are more expensive but lend a one-of-a-kind appearance to high-end kitchens.