Bathroom Remodeling | Expert Planning Tips
Bathroom Remodeling | The key to any successful bathroom remodeling is having a detailed plan in place before you begin. Once the process begins, it’s often too late. That’s because making big changes on the fly can lengthen the time of your bathroom remodeling and dramatically increase its cost.
Speaking of costs, the first step is to determine your budget for your bathroom remodeling. Knowing how much you have to spend allows you to decide the scope of your project.
Tips for a Successful Bathroom Remodeling
Here are some other tips that can help your remodeling go as smoothly and effectively as possible:
- Think Green — Making choices that are good for the environment isn’t just good for the planet, it’s also good for you and your family. Today’s green products often have superior design and better function, which can lower your long-term utility costs. They also tend to be chemical-free, which is good for your family’s health.
- Refinish Rather than Replace — You can substantially reduce your bathroom remodeling expenses by remodeling fixtures such as your shower, bathtub or sink rather than replacing them outright. Refinishing often costs a fraction of the cost of replacement, sometimes as little as 10 percent.
- Minimize Plumbing Movement — One of the most expensive elements of any bathroom remodeling comes when plumbing has to be moved. If you can keep your plumbing the way it is, you can cut the costs of your remodeling substantially.
- Know Your Limitations — You may think you possess the skills to perform some or all of the bathroom remodeling yourself, but if you mess it up, it’s going to cost you more in the long run — often a lot more. If you aren’t experienced at the job at hand, hire a professional.
- Do the Cheap Fixes First — Changing out inexpensive hardware such as drawer pulls, faucet handles and shower heads can make a big impact on the way your bathroom looks and feels. – Build and Rehab Bath
Interested in starting a bathroom remodeling project? Contact Medina Exteriors today, (330)591-4040Share