Top 7 Bathroom Remodeling Tips
Bathroom Remodeling | Get the most bang for your buck by renovating your master bathroom. Your master bathroom should be a haven, a place to escape the stresses of the day. However, before you jump into renovations , you must first decide on a budget and stick to it. A budget will help you set the boundaries of your expenses, enabling you to make realistic decisions. From heated tile to deep soak tubs, there are many different design options to choose from. So, take some time to do some research on the latest trends in bathroom design. Below is a breakdown of the various trends in bathroom design.
- Go Green: Going green is not only amazingly good for the environment, but is also very useful for your family. Most green products and appliances have a great design and function better. Moreover, they are safe to use and do not require electricity to work. Using environmentally friendly appliances may lower your utility bill, enabling you to save a lot of money in the long run.
- Refinish existing items: On a tight budget? Consider refinishing the cabinets, tiles and floors. Doing so will breathe new life into these old pieces.
- Go for Asian-inspired design: More and more homeowners are coming to realize that contemporary Asian design is exquisite. The use of rich, dark colors can transform your bathroom into an exceptional, warm room. Also Asian-inspired design is timeless, and will remain on trend for years to come.
- Use caution when moving plumbing fixtures: While moving your toilet and sink might look pretty easy, the true problem lies under the floor. All the costs and time spent to move the plumbing can make your budget go up. Therefore, it is wise to move only those items that are not connected to the plumbing system. And if you do wish to move those major fixtures, be sure to hire an expert to rely on, to avoid breakages or leakage in the future.
- Be honest about your DIY skill level: Many people choose to do things on their own, thinking that they are skilled interior designers or master plumbers. Be wiser than them. If you have messed up a project, you may have to pay much more in the long run to fix your mistake. Instead, find a good contractor who can help you choose the right fixtures for your bathroom and is willing to install them at an affordable fee.
- Choose the right lighting: Never underestimate the huge importance of lighting in the bathroom. For a nice, relaxing bath, dim lighting is the most suitable choice. You should also add two bright bulbs for shaving or applying makeup. If you have a small bathroom, adding more light will make it appear larger.
- Ventilation is paramount: When talking about bathroom remodeling, we should never discard ventilation. If you didn’t know yet, moisture is your bathroom’s greatest enemy. Mildew and mold can easily ruin everything you have done in your bathroom. Install a vent fan and enjoy a clean, dry bathroom. With so many vent fans designs available on the market, you can choose a quiet and stylish one at a very good price. – Marrokal
Interested in starting a bathroom remodeling project? Contact Medina Exteriors today, (330)591-4040