What to Expect from a Roofing Installation
Roofing | Being prepared for what is expected from you and your roofer before, during, and after a new roof installation will make the whole roofing process smooth and hassle free.
You’ve had a professional roofing contractor inspect your roof and you’ve decided it’s time for a new roof. Now what? What to expect before, during, and after a new roof installation.
- Just to be polite, you might want to warn your neighbors of the impending noise and traffic. It’s just the nice thing to do.
- Days before the installation actually begins the new roofing materials will be delivered and a dumpster or other container will be dropped to collect roof tear off shingles and other debris. Be prepared to have this container stick around for the duration of your roof installation.
- It is important to keep the driveway, or other access to your home, open to roofers throughout the installation process. This might mean finding a new home for vehicles, RVs, boats or other valuables on property.
- Secure the valuable items both inside and outside the home. Your home is about to become a construction site. Exteriors should be cleared of valuable lawn furniture, statues, planters etc. The interior of your home will experience shaking and vibrations from constant scraping, nailing, and crew movement so take care to remove wall hangings, figurines, vases, lamps, as well.
- If you have pets, it can be a good idea to find quieter accommodations during the busy (and loud) days.
- After the tear off, the new roof will be installed and almost ready for you to enjoy. After site clean-up has been performed, you’ll have a final walk through with your roofing contractor.
- In most instances, we will register your roof warranty for you and the documentation will arrive shortly. We will also be finishing up any details and paperwork associated with an insurance claim. Keep all documentation associated with your new roof installation for future reference. – All Around Roofing
Interested in new roofing? Contact Medina Exteriors today, (330)591-4040