Bathroom Remodeling | What to Do at the End of a Remodeling Project
Bathroom Remodeling | When thinking about the remodeling process, it’s easy to imagine the work that goes into the design stage and the build stage. It’s also easy to imagine the excitement you’ll feel when it’s all finished and you get to enjoy your remodeled home! However, the end of the remodeling process is not just celebrating; there is some work that needs to be done here, too.
- It sounds so simple, but one important step that often gets overlooked in all the excitement is making sure everything works! Turn on and run all appliances, all lighting fixtures and outlets both new and old…occasionally a breaker will accidentally get tripped that controls other parts of the house. Also test new faucets, showers and other water sources.
- Spend a couple of hours sorting through all the paperwork and warranty cards. Fill out and return the warranty information as soon as possible. This is an important step in case of a problem or manufacturer’s recall. Keep all manuals and brochures for future reference.
- Along with the manuals and brochures, make sure to retain additional pertinent information including blueprints, permits, paint and flooring names and colors, contractor’s contact information, punch lists and receipts. Dedicate a specific drawer, file or box for easy access.
- Make sure you keep all leftover materials such as tile, wallpaper and paint.You never know when a repair will need to be made in the future.
- Call your insurance agent and add the cost of the remodel onto your homeowner’s policy. This needs to be done any time a major purchase is made for your property.
- In addition to checking the manuals, don’t hesitate to ask your design-build project manager for detailed maintenance information. Discuss specific cleaning products and maintenance schedules.
- Double check with your city or county building department that all required documentation has been correctly filed. Sign off on any remaining paperwork and always keep copies for your records. – Renewal Design
Interested in starting a bathroom remodeling project? Contact Medina Exteriors today, (330)591-4040Share