Kitchen Remodeling | The process of renovations can make your house resemble a warzone for six to ten weeks. And nowhere is this more apparent than with a kitchen revamp. After all, the kitchen is the hub of your household, and surviving when it’s out of commission can be a trial worthy of a modern-day Hercules. Well, preparation is the key to avoid being totally overwhelmed during this time. Bunker down and follow through with the tips below:
Tips to Get Through Your Kitchen Remodeling
- Move your microwave and refrigerator to a different part of the house. Make sure your favorite appliances are accessible to you. It’s best to create an alternative space for said appliances a few days before the kitchen remodeling begins.
- Cooking meals is going to be a lot more of a hassle now, so load your freezer with items that you can easily defrost and eat. There’s only so many times that you can dine out or order in without your health taking a blow. Prepare “freezer meals” in bulk beforehand: dishes like stew, meatloaf and casseroles that can be stored in your fridge and be reheated over time.
- Seal off the kitchen from other parts of the house! And do cover up the furniture sitting in rooms close to the kitchen. Dust and debris from the renovation will obviously accumulate in other parts of your house, but you do not want to spend any more time than you have to cleaning up that up.
- Keep your belongings safe; remove all cooking and eating utensils, use dust curtains, and cover the floors.
- Above all, remain organized and calm. Review your plans constantly before work starts, and ensure that you are always on the same page as your contractors. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or raise concerns; it just won’t do to go through all this stress and still experience buyer’s remorse later!
Interested in a kitchen renovation? Contact Medina Exteriors today at (330)591-4040!Share